buncrana.com Forum Index buncrana.com
Buncrana's Message Forum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Stockwell Tube Shooting: The English Cops Must Pay!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    buncrana.com Forum Index -> Political Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

what should happen to the police officers involved in last years incident?
death penalty
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
life imprisonment
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
let off cause they were doing their job
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

dave mc
- boss -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have absolutly no idea Smile

but, i also heard they shot him inthe head 8 times!

nasty!
Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disco pat wrote:
have absolutly no idea Smile

but, i also heard they shot him inthe head 8 times!

nasty!

Maybe it's the video gamer in me but I would like to know their total hit percentage. Evil or Very Mad 8 head shots is a lot unless they used up 100 rounds from 10ft away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hil
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was in london at the time, and it was the week of all the failed bomb attempts, so the po po were on high alert and im not sure about these guys but there were police in the tube not uniformed. the guy that dies i think was an illegal immigrant, im not to sure if thats why he ran

eight bullets in the head is a bit much though, shoot to maim (spell?) is what should be done normally, but if you suspect they are carrying a bomb, is maiming gonna get the job done?
Cu Chulainn
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is that cops should not be able to execute civilians. What about the innocents slaughtered in Derry by the british army and ruc special branch, their deaths caused massive support for the IRA and further added to the overall problem. As for the current shoot to kill policy operating within the british establishment, the death of one, will harden the attitudes of thousands of others, after all through the eyes of suicide bombers they are battling a ruthless, oppressive, evil West and their actions can be viewed as heroic, depending which way you want to look at things.
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One truth about police handling of the stockwell tube shooting is that they were not authorised to shoot the suspect. You must see a suicide vest or explosives before you open fire. If these officers did not see a bomb etc. why did they open fire and murder someone which they were not fully 100% sure about?
Maybe I am being a bit drastic about their punishment but how can you tell the victim's family his killers are getting off easy after what they did?
Cu Chulainn
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youre being consumed by this specific issue Gohan, the truth is that they will do it again if given the chance and the solution must be a drastic change in the system which should start with more tolerence shown to the Muslims and an entire change of policy in the Middle East starting with the elemination of the state of Israel.
hil
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know i mean there is waiting to see the suicide vest and being to late as it detinates, or the possibility of saving loads of lives, the fact that he ran did not help the police see him as anything but a threat
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to settle something which I believe people are not knowledgable on is why he ran.
Jean Charles de Menezes ran because the undercover police did not identify themselves as police when they challenged him. Even eyewitnesses accounts reveal they did not shout 'police' or they are 'armed'.
dave mc
- boss -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor cops had to make a pretty quick decision though!

he could have been carrying a grenade or 2 and that would be easy to conceal, and that'd still be more than enough to cause a substantial amount of casualtys....

shame the guy died, but given the circumstances i think a lot of people would have acted the in the same way.
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not being bias against the cops here, and I know they had to make a quick decision, butn they still murdered an innocent man. They gave no prior warning to a man who was pretty frightened to see a group of people chasing him.
NUMBER 1: The innocent Brasilian Jean Charles de Menezes waited for, and caught a Number 2 Bus from near his home too Stockwell Tube Station, and was "under surveillance" for more than 20 minutes.
NUMBER 2: Do the Operation Kratos "rules of engagement" value the lives of Bus passengers less than those of Tube passengers ?
NUMBER 3: Why was this alleged suicide bomber allowed to board a Bus ? If he was not considered to be a "threat to life" on the Bus, then why was he considered to be one before he got to a Tube train ?
dave mc
- boss -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you obviously know more about the subject that i do.

but yeah, if they had been watching him 20 mins prior to shooting him, why not approach him + grab him!

arguments like these never end.
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are an honest person pat and I respect that.
dave mc
- boss -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i cou;d sit here and argue, but i know feck all about the subject so i'd probably look stupid Smile
Princess Tigerlily
- Spoiled Rotten -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly why i dropped out.
jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hil wrote:
if you guys are so feckin pissed off with the world i suggest you go find a hole and hide in it, if ya find a big enough one all four of ye can squish in and you can create your own non-authority based society

gud 1 hil by the way gohan,cu chalainn and dunphy i don't think i don't think ur title or daft suggestions like

your spot on they have always been brutal c*nts and should be sent to a slave camp for 10 years then executed

help ur case to be taken seriously. hil's point about the atmosphere in london at the time is spot on as well. i also fail to see why you feel the need to bring up an irish example open up another thread f you want to start that roundabout debate again
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not bring up any irish link or in any way relate to it. I simply believe the english met cops should be punished and made an example of. I started this thread because it is a very important matter concerning the tribulations of our contemporary society and the so called 'authorities' which claim to govern us.
Jamesy you refer to Hil's post on the atmosphere in london at the time. That is no excuse for the police to go around murdering innocent men with no prior warning. They have no remorse. Since you brought up the Irish thing, or Cu Chalainn as you will claim, what about the atmosphere over here with the presence of a foreign govt. ruling a large size of our country. If you can condone the actions of a supposed respectable force then why not the actions of our fellow irishmen who kill english soldiers for something that is an actual threat.
hil
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

houl on there is a huge difference between the atmosphere in northern ireland and the atmosphere of a very real threat in london, there were real bomb failings that week, it wasnt as if it was sonething that had been goin on for years. and this isnt something that i am speculating on from some sort of news source, i was there, and when i heard that a guy had been shot i was happy because from what i was hearing those guys had prevented what they thought was another mass murder, turns out they were wrong,

what would you do if you were the police

i kinda understand why you think they should be punished although i dont agree as to how
Dunphy
- newbie -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in total agreement with Gohan on this issue..Jamesy is obviously becoming too intimate with the plight of the English as his previous tirades have shown, e.g. Croke Park...The fact of the matter is that the perpitrators must pay with their lives..It is simply inconceivable for any other form of punishment to be administered..I may as well just join ther British Army so and gun down a few Unionist Politicians and claim they were suspected terrorists..Actually thats a good idea, watch this space....Brits out Whip
I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem *may* have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being *crushed* by a *dwarf*. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object.
jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i refuse to get in another slanging match with ya's i've made my point on this topic and now i'll bow out
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're now told that in 250 recent 'scares', on 7 occasions police have come extremely close to shooting. Suppose they had, are we happy that in just a few weeks 7 more innocent people could easily be dead, simply because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, looked suspicious and panicked?
It is strange that a civilised nation like Britain would want to adopt such draconian and barbaric measures to tackle terrorism. What example are you setting for those nations and institutions that have looked to you as a model for fair justice?
To those people saying they're happy with a reduction in civil liberties, you've got what you wanted. How would you feel if that was your son.
Under no circumstances can it ever be justifiable. In the immediate aftermath of July 7, Tony Blair adamantly qualified England as a civilised nation of civilised people. This barbaric act is evidence to the contrary. It is evidence of morality and humanity on a very slippery slope of decline and self-delusion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    buncrana.com Forum Index -> Political Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: