buncrana.com Forum Index buncrana.com
Buncrana's Message Forum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

croke park
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

is opening up croke park to other sports
good
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
bad
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
long overdue
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
maybe
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BHL=Bleeding Heart Liberal

You want to go all the way back when Ireland was tribal? Hell, why not go back to when cave men were beating each other with clubs? This thing has drifted too far off topic, which is whether or not God Save The Queen should be allowed to be sung at Croke Park, a site where the British murdered innocent civilians, less than 100 years ago. Unless you are stating that the acts of a few Irish clans more than 1200 years ago justified this, then get off it. How about we go back 34 years when they murdered 13 innocent and peaceful protestors. They broke the law by marching without permission but they did it in a peaceful fashion. Did they deserve being mowed down by rifle fire? Was this slaughter of the innocent, most likely liberals, justified by them breaking the law or the fact that the O'Neil clan attacked the Brits 1600 years ago? How many of these murders were brought to justice? How many of them received medals for their actions that day in the name of the Queen?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Princess Tigerlily
- Spoiled Rotten -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so basically any team whose country who invaded and controlled another country should never sing thier national anthem in that country?
jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if that was the case princess tigerlily imagine the trouble they'd have between germany and france who have as much history as we do with our neighbours from across the sea
Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Tigerlily wrote:
so basically any team whose country who invaded and controlled another country should never sing thier national anthem in that country?

If they still control that other country or part of it, then no.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we should just agree to disagree as we're never going to reach resolution on this topic and it's kinda getting personal
Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesy wrote:
maybe we should just agree to disagree as we're never going to reach resolution on this topic and it's kinda getting personal

I can live with that.
Christopher
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: croke park Reply with quote

oh my god tommy, really would it make you feel better if they sang the sex pistols version? why do irish people have to take everything to heart. im not saying that we should forgive the powers that tried to dominate and persecuted our families for several hundred years and im definatly not saying its right but i think everyone has the right to have a bit of pride in the country in which they happened to be born.
and also i really have a thing for rugby players so i would like to see them play in a big stadium in ireland.....

Jaysus, what are you on about Confused Wasn't it the Irish that have been dominating and persecuting each other for a couple of thousand years never mind several hundred years. The sooner we Irish catch ourselves on and make peace with each other the sooner we can make progress and give the major powers something to think about. There is absolutely no need, and never has been, for the Irish to fight with one another about petty little matters like the banning of certain games in a sports sports stadium. It's time the lads at Croke Park grew up. They left their primary school playground a long time ago. It is time they acted like adults and shared the playground with others. Cool
Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: croke park Reply with quote

Christopher wrote:
oh my god tommy, really would it make you feel better if they sang the sex pistols version? why do irish people have to take everything to heart. im not saying that we should forgive the powers that tried to dominate and persecuted our families for several hundred years and im definatly not saying its right but i think everyone has the right to have a bit of pride in the country in which they happened to be born.
and also i really have a thing for rugby players so i would like to see them play in a big stadium in ireland.....

Jaysus, what are you on about Confused Wasn't it the Irish that have been dominating and persecuting each other for a couple of thousand years never mind several hundred years. The sooner we Irish catch ourselves on and make peace with each other the sooner we can make progress and give the major powers something to think about. There is absolutely no need, and never has been, for the Irish to fight with one another about petty little matters like the banning of certain games in a sports sports stadium. It's time the lads at Croke Park grew up. They left their primary school playground a long time ago. It is time they acted like adults and shared the playground with others. Cool

Chris, you can go all the way back to the caveman if you want, the Brits still massacred innocent people at Croke park and have no business ever setting foot in there again. For the record, it was thousands or hundreds of years ago, it was 1920. Any fighting that took place between the Irish thousands of years ago does not justify any of the actions by the Brits in the last one hundred.
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good argument Tommy. Come on Chris how can you not see that the past has always have to be settled before looking to the present or the future. If we take last hundred years out of the equation, or the past even, there is an contemporary example in rugby. A couple of years ago at Landsdowne the english rugby team made a mockery of our President. Before the game the english took stance in the Irish side of the red carpet. The Irish team had to stand on the field where there was no carpet. The President had to walk on grass to meet our team. It was like spitting in the face of our President and our country. How can you justify that? And do not say it was tactics cause tactics is not insulting our head of state. If we did to the english queen there would be a riot. That is one reason the english should not have their anthem in Croker because they do not respect us.
Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so how did it all go over?
jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did wat go over? the ireland england rugby match at croke park isn't until next yr
Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange. I was led to believe it was this past weekend.
Cathy M
- newbie -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this sport or did I click wrong heading??
Should be history.
Me think should be open to all, but think England should get different anthem.
Being a brit myself, not that I'm proud of it, or their past history, was disgusted when watched a program about what the british lords etc did to people here in Ireland. But nobody living today, can change history, but can improve the conditions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    buncrana.com Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: