buncrana.com Forum Index buncrana.com
Buncrana's Message Forum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

croke park
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

is opening up croke park to other sports
good
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
bad
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
long overdue
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
maybe
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as pat stated earlier it was 14 people who died in croker that day, 30 died in total that day if you include the british agents who were killed in the morning and the ira men arrested that night so your history is wrong for starters. 'insane killing spree' more like retaliation in what was a vicious war.
we can continue living in the past and dredging up old hatreds if you want but you know what i think the vast majority of people in this country are willing to move on and those who aren't are bigots and thats the nicest word for them.fair play to sean kelly and all who worked so hard to get rule 42 finally abolished even if it is just temporary.
as for playing the game away from home this is stupid for a couple of reasons
1)we need the home crowd to make the '16th' man against england to encourage the boys in green to beat them off the pitch
2)the england and france games are worth a combined 13/14 million euro to the irish economy which is an awful lot to throw away over petty bigotry.
sorry this is so long just wanted to point out a few things that BIGOTRY might blind people from
Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamesy, there is a big difference between BIGOTRY and fighting, or in your case succumbing to oppression. A bigot is someone who refuses to accept different views. Explain to me how you tolerate what the brits have done to Ireland. Explain how you tolerate their "retaliation" on the innocents at Croke Park on Nov. 21st 1920. I can understand, if not condone, their killing of the members of the IRA who had attacked them but to go to Croke Park and spray bullets into the crowd is nothing less than mass murder. Your use of the term BIGOTRY is too liberal and does not fit. How about the attempted genocide of Irish Catholics...have you forgiven them for that also? You are a Typical Liberal...there is a label to trump your BIGOTRY.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy I can't condone what happened in croke park that day but war is hell and produces tragedies and atrocities like what happened in croker.i strongly believe seeing as we can't change the past we might as well look to the future as far as been a typical liberal yes i am and i openly admit that.
Alocin
- Princess -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is turning into a very political debate
hil
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats all its ever been,
and "cu chulainn" why dont we apply that respecting the dead civilians rule to ever single bomb and hate related death that has ever happened in Ireland, actually no lets just apply that to the whole world!!! see how far we get then, christ we would never be allowed to set foot in britain out of respect for the dead we brutally murdered centuries ago, or even the british civilians that we killed in the country over the last few decades, i mean yeah sure it was the republican gun lovers who literally held the guns and planted the bombs, but the fact that they were irish means that we should take some of the blame as wll shouldnt it?? i mean it works when "we" talk about the "british"
Princess Tigerlily
- Spoiled Rotten -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said hil, thanks.
jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hil i totally agree wit princess tigerlily u r spot on
Tinkerbell
- Princess -

Location: Buncrana/Portstewart, or travelling between the two

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality is a nice place, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Indiana J
- newbie -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be a little late joining this but anyone who believes the english anthem should be played in Croke Park should bow their heads in shame(excluding english people). And do not talk about forgetting past events and concentrate on the future because that is just bull'. History is what defines us a people and an individual. society is steeped in this and never forget it. In response to jamesy, who I believe is leading this blind onslaught, how can you deliver such talk of anglo-saxon propaganda into the grounds of a stadium steeped in nationalist struggle and freedom. Croke Park is the gateway to our modern past and to our future. I do not mind playing other nations in Croke Park. Indeed I cherish the day the Irish play the english. But playing their national anthem is an insult. They will spit in our face and on our graves. Pure and simple.
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with indiana. He speaks from the heart and speaks the truth. The truth. I have no qualms about playin the english, it is just that bastard of an anthem. Don't you not think the english support will not jeer our anthem(as they often have in the past) and laugh in our faces. I am not being prejudice against the english but England itself. I cannot control my feelin's and opinions, it's who I am. So fuck save the queen because God himself/herself would.
jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just when you thought it was over another idiot comes along
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are u talkin' about yourself jamesy?
hil
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn straight jamesy, when they talk about our history actually creating who we are, they must have forgotten that in our history, we have stolen, raped and burnt down villages in britain, history goes a little further back then a few hundred years. at one point we were the scumbags that caused the problems.
i thought the point of history being studied was so that we could learn from it and ADVANCE as a CIVILISED state, but then again there are always a few primates
Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another member of the BHL party gets down from her pedestal to enlighten us poor degenerates who have not been as educated as she. Please explain in detail the events you speak of when the Irish people did such things as steal, rape and burn down villages and show how these events impacted their country as a whole. Then please compare these events and their end results to the atrocities committed by Britain against Ireland and the Irish people. Hil, I must say I am disgusted with you stating that, "at one point we were the scumbags that caused the problems" and by we you are referring to the Irish? I suppose the Jews caused all the problems for the Germans before Hitler came along. Maybe the blacks caused problems for the slave traders in the U.S. and that justified the lynchings and mass murders that took place.

Now the words, as harmless as words may be, have no business being uttered at a place where they MURDERED INNOCENT CIVILIANS - key words here. Did they apologize? Did they attempt to make amends? Did they even offer money, as if you could put a price on human life. The words you would allow to be sung with such joyous pride, on this sacred ground, made more sacred by their deliberate SLAUGHTER of INNOCENT CIVILIANS would be, "...Long to reign over us...Scatter our enemies and make them fall...confound their politics...frustrate their knavish tricks...not in this land alone..." Hil, Jamesy and the rest of your supporters here....would you bow to the Queen too if you were in her presence? It's a simple question and would at least shed some light on your twisted views, that come off as being sympathetic to "The Crown."

I would love to see peace between the Irish and British and hold no grudge or wish ill will against any British civilian. I do have issue with their government and it's reign over N. Ireland and for all that they have done to Ireland in the past, in their attempted genocide of the Irish Catholics. I also hold issue with anyone who would defend them and their actions or attempt to play down what they have done or blame the Irish for "bringing it on ourselves" due to us being "scumbags" as Hil calls us. Hil also calls me a primate in such a way to show her superiority to me, which is a typical trait of British nobility. So tell me, oh noble one, what has the British government done to apologize for their atrocities? What have they done to earn the right to have their country represented in a game of sport on our sacred grounds, singing the words to praise the monarchy that founded the empire that sunk it's devious claws into the backs of every Irish man and woman since it's inception?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dave mc
- boss -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think i'm with u on this one tommy
hil
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I dont, and I dont appreciate the words he is putting in my mouth, I said wat I said, and nothing else
Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hil wrote:
I'm sorry I dont, and I dont appreciate the words he is putting in my mouth, I said wat I said, and nothing else

Put words in your mouth? You called Irish people scumbags.

Your exact words:
hil wrote:
in our history, we have stolen, raped and burnt down villages in britain, history goes a little further back then a few hundred years. at one point we were the scumbags that caused the problems.

What else do you claim I put in your mouth?
Mickey
Moderator of Reds Forum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy wrote:

hey hey hey!!!
Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickey wrote:
Tommy wrote:

hey hey hey!!!

jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in history irish people have done scumbaggy thing. and what do u mean by BHL tommy?

Early Christian Ireland 400–800
Main article: Early Christian Ireland 400-800
The middle centuries of the first millennium AD marked great changes in Ireland.

Niall Noigiallach (died c.450/455) laid the basis for the Uí Néill dynasty's hegemony over much of western, northern and central Ireland. Politically, the former emphasis on tribal affiliation had been replaced by the 700's by that of patrilinial and dynastic background. Many formerly powerful kingdoms and peoples disappeared. Irish pirates struck all over the coast of western Britain in the same way that the Vikings would later attack Ireland. Some of these founded entirely new kingdoms in Pictland, Wales and Cornwall. The Attacotti of south Leinster even served in the Roman Legions in the mid-to-late 300's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    buncrana.com Forum Index -> Sport All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: