buncrana.com Forum Index buncrana.com
Buncrana's Message Forum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recycling in Budgin
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    buncrana.com Forum Index -> Political Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should The Recycling Facilities Be Kept Running?
Yes
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
No
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Cu Chulainn
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one said anything about cutting anybody off, we just want a more even distribution off wealth
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That poll does not make sense. 91% and 8% = 99%.
hil
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant remember which one of you boyos said it, but cecelia probably wasnt arguing for us because she wasnt able to, that woman does her best, she doesnt sit around on her ass all day.
and i dont know wat your man padraig is like, but the liklieness of him poppin up in the oireachtas making an argument is very slim, its just not part of there job....methinks Confused
JB
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the west does not get its fair share of money, but Dublin does contain almost a third of the population of Ireland and its facilities are under alot of pressure

Cu Chulainn wrote:
There is a penalty, Fiannia Fail promised this I presume so now that they have failed on their electoral promises they should be punished by not recieving any of the votes from the youth in Donegal North East. I would reccomend that Sinn Fein be the best possible vote in this electoral region as their policies will delevier a better deal socially and that would mean more facilities such as recycling that would better the community, also Finna Fail and the PDs are turning everything in this country private, i.e waste disposal and they are giving local councils less money to provide these much needed services and they are falling into the hands of businessmen who care more about making a few pound than to bettering the community. For this reason alone (and there are many) think Sinn Feins Padraig Mc Laughlin not Finnia Fails Cecelia Keaveny.

How can the penalty for the council be that they recieve no votes? Its a council of different parties not a political party. And the waste disposal isn´t falling into the hands of private businesses there was vote and it was put up for tender in 1999. But I do think that that was a really bad idea because they have had to bring in regulations becasue the prices were soaring instead of decreasing the whole point of introducing a competitive market. They just didn´t want the hassle of domestic waste collection anymore. Idea
Cu Chulainn
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer me this then:

1. Why cant Keaveny argue for us? She is a TD representing FF, who by the way form a government with the PDs. If she is a part of the government then surly she coluld raise issues that affect us in Leinster House and hope that her party collegues can help her out.

2. Why is the chances of Mc Laughlin speaking for us slim? Forget political parties for a minute and look at his record at local level. He is consitently working on our behalf and is not afraid to question the injustices that this area suffers.

P.S. By the way JB waste disposal is predominitly run by private businessess in this country (even in Buncrana) and on the Gerry Ryan show on Wednesday morning they were disscussing that in newly built housing estates in Dublin, people have to pay annual fees of between 400-1000 euro to private companies for services such as road works, waste disposal etc. Im all for a competitive market in some respects because competition brings out the best in the economy. But essential social needs should be catered for by the state and not by these repulsive companies. We pay taxes for these essentials and if tax has to increase so that these essentials are looked after by the state then so be it.
jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a shame the bin collection couldnt be the same as it is up here wit the black bin for waste one week and the blue bin for recyclables the next. would probably solve a few problems
JB
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree and we would have the mentioned kerbside recycling we were meant to have last year.

I know all the domestic waste disposal is run by private companies, thats what I said though not very clearly I will admit.
Cu Chulainn
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That leads back to a point i made previous about so much money and resources being spent on Dublin city. Because of partician we are cut of from the natural geographical position of the free state (i.e. between the coast +the border is very slim) we are tucked in the darkest corner of the free state and are grossely underfunded. First things first, i agree with Jamesy 100% on the issue of council collections. If only we in Inishowen had the same oppurtunities as those else where. The point i have being making quite consistantly is that the whole system has to be changed starting from grassroots up and eventually with work we can strive to build an Ireland of equals. Equality between Religious denominations, Ethnic groupings, and social equality between the rich and the poor, THIS IS WHAT BEING A TRUE REPUBLICAN IS ALL ABOUT. Finally one must be foolish not to see that this gap is widening under the current administration and that the time for change is now.

TÍOCFAIDH ÁR LÁ

Last edited by Cu Chulainn on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Princess Tigerlily
- Spoiled Rotten -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i feel that keaveney does try to get our issues raised and she has a fairly good relationship of the people she is getting her votes from. i for one have eperianced her personal commitment to her constituants. if we continue to put forward an united front which does not back down and continues to raise our voices against the inequality which we are victims of we may get a better chance.
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't wanna get too invoved in this discussion but, for me personally, Keaveney has done piss all for me and my community. She doesn't seem to care about our needs, especially us outside the main towns in Inishowen. On numerous times I have participated in campaigns and petitions to get her to do something about the roads in my area. I am annoyed at her because she promised it and is the one responsible to do it. A few years on and not a thing has been done. In that time there has been a few accidents, fortunately nothing serious.
But this is just my opinion and probably the thoughts of everyone in my area.
Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesy wrote:
it's a shame the bin collection couldnt be the same as it is up here wit the black bin for waste one week and the blue bin for recyclables the next. would probably solve a few problems

It's actually required by law here. You toss recyclables in the regular garbage and you may receive a fine for it.
not far
- newbie -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

time for a new thread
kerbside recycleing announced derry journal today
hil
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Cu Chulainn, a true republican would know how to feckin spell his chant!! tiocadh?? what the hell Confused

and i didnt say that padraig hasnt raised issues, im saying that the position he will get wont necessarily mean that he will be the one arguing. maybe im wrong but i thought that those guys were in the background getting there words spoken for them by higher people. i could be completly wrong, which is fine by me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    buncrana.com Forum Index -> Political Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: