buncrana.com Forum Index buncrana.com
Buncrana's Message Forum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recycling in Budgin
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    buncrana.com Forum Index -> Political Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should The Recycling Facilities Be Kept Running?
Yes
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
No
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

J
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Recycling in Budgin Reply with quote

just read on www.inishtimes.com about the planned closure of the already pityful recycling facilities in buncrana. How stupid is that? the towns recycling is already crap they should be working on some major improvements (like better up-keep) and not just closing it down
Whip Whip Whip Whip Whip Whip
JB
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH my god that makes me so angry! The nation is trying to move towards a greener and more sustainable future and Buncrana decides to take a step back. This is completely going against the Donegal Waste Management Plan. Whip
J
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know, ut's bloody ridiculous. they need t takr some serio steps forward, not start shuttin up shop. go on rena d, countin on her to fight for this one Yes
hil
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my bloody god, i mean yeah the state of the recycling bins at the council offices are terrible, but if they actually took steps to make it better instead o f removing it we would be better off. ive turned into such a green bean recently Very Happy
JB
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green bean? I like it. 50% of Donegal was meant to have kerbside recycling by 2005. I really dont think that has happened and there isn´t even a penelty when they don´t live up to there plan!!
Cu Chulainn
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a penalty, Fiannia Fail promised this I presume so now that they have failed on their electoral promises they should be punished by not recieving any of the votes from the youth in Donegal North East. I would reccomend that Sinn Fein be the best possible vote in this electoral region as their policies will delevier a better deal socially and that would mean more facilities such as recycling that would better the community, also Finna Fail and the PDs are turning everything in this country private, i.e waste disposal and they are giving local councils less money to provide these much needed services and they are falling into the hands of businessmen who care more about making a few pound than to bettering the community. For this reason alone (and there are many) think Sinn Feins Padraig Mc Laughlin not Finnia Fails Cecelia Keaveny.
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto C.
Cu Chulainn
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sinnfein.ie/policies/environment

Here's a wee link that might be of some help
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are really concerned about environmental policies, look to the Green Party and their aims. But don't listen to that bastard Trevor Sargent. He's a real ***hole!
jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still don't believe overall a sinn fein votes the best thing for this region even tho there is some stuff on that link i think we can all agree on
Cu Chulainn
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no better vote than a Sinn Fein vote in this region. Firstly if elected, a Sinn Fein representative would argue for us in the Dail, i watch the oireachtus when i can and i never seen Cecelia Keaveny in it never mind argueing for us. Now a Finnia Fail vote would be ok if there was a better representative in this region and if the leadership of the party cut ties with the PDs and worked with Sinn Fein TO BRING THIS COUNTRY MORE TO THE LEFT because we are dangerously leaning to the right and it is causing problems in this region.
jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have decided to drop out before this turns into something we'd have to take into gohan's thread
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not a question of right or left politics but just a general reform of the whole government departments. Sinn Fein will be the future of Irish politics but at the moment they do not offer alot more than any other party.
Cu Chulainn
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They offer the chance of real opposition to the way things are run and they challenge the establishment parties to an alternative form of government. A government that is better for everyone on this island bar a few high earners here and there and the people of Dublin city.
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A government should include everyone in their agendas even if it is scummy Dubs. i think it is unfair you should promote SF as a party that excludes other people.
Cu Chulainn
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how am i doing that?
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cu Chulainn wrote:
They offer the chance of real opposition to the way things are run and they challenge the establishment parties to an alternative form of government. A government that is better for everyone on this island bar a few high earners here and there and the people of Dublin city.

Look above mate.
Cu Chulainn
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point that i was trying to make is that a lot of money is spent on dublin city thats all, i.e. the spire, LUAS, DART, ringroads etc and that money is not distributed to donegal as fairly
not far
- newbie -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont belive sinn fein exclude anybody
i think you need a reality check
the late eddie fullerton got as many prod votes as chathloic ones
as im sure beezer gets the same
so i say sinn fein agus tiocfadih ar la
Gohan
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that and the west of Ireland and other rural areas should get more recognition and money but at the minute we need dublin for the business and economy. We cannot cut them off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    buncrana.com Forum Index -> Political Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: