buncrana.com Forum Index buncrana.com
Buncrana's Message Forum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pussycat dolls

View previous topic :: View next topic  

pussycat dolls too raunchy for their young audience?
yes
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
no
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
ok only if they have seperate over 18's shows and milder all-ages shows
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

J
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: pussycat dolls Reply with quote

probably gonna sound like i'm about 90 here but anyway...
was watching 4music on tv one night a couple of weeks ago, load of interviews with different bands and stuff. flicking through channels, flicked back to channel 4 and a new interview had started with a group of girls, talking about getting off on their dancing and how much they love grinding and stuff. thought they were interviewing dancers at a stripclub or something.then they showed some clips of their show and it was the feckin pussycat dolls!! their main fanbase is about 9-13 year olds. what kinda example is that for children of that age. i've no problem with any kinda raunchy show if it's for an adult audience but not for an audience of such young girls: they are children for christ's sake.
anyone have any views on this?
dave mc
- boss -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aah would ye ever shut up j
Tommy
- Administrator -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J's right. PCD started out as an L.A. burlesque show, for adults only, which is what they take into their music. Any parent that allows their young, impressionable children listen to or watch them should be ashamed of themselves.
Now, me, I think their quite entertaining. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jamesy
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure 95% of females in the music industry behave like that girls aloud christina aguilera britney etc etc. harmless fun
Alocin
- Princess -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i agree i think they are too suggestive for young children-the clothes, the lyrics and the dancing all together are too much.

also now i have a major problem with the sugababes-they're last song was way too suggestive-i dont think anyone could mistake what they were singin about-
Got such a pretty kitty, boy I know you want to pet it
The weather's nice and wet just south of the border

Hey Mr postman where's the mail for my mailbox?
I wanted sex on the beach and I don't mean on the rocks

this is not exactly what i want my 11 year old sister to be listening to!
Princess Tigerlily
- Spoiled Rotten -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i agree with j and alocin, my neices are 8 and really, their already trying to be too old, in school last week i saw the same things. girls, and boys, being encouraged sexually in songs and the media in general, its this sort of attitude which leads two kids to 'perform sexual acts' in front of the rest of their class! I mean i like dancing to the pussycat dolls, etc when im out but im a grown up and i go to grown up peoples clubs, i, and the other people in the club are able to differentiate between shaking your ass to a song which goes 'If my kiss don't make you just
Wonder
What I got next for you
What you want to do?

Take a chance to recognize that this could be yours
I can see, just like most guys that your game don't please
Baby, can't you see? (see)
How these clothes are fitting on me (me)
And the heat coming from this beat (beat)
I'm about to blow
I don't think you know

I'm telling you loosen up my buttons baby (Uh huh)
But you keep fronting (Uh)
Saying what you going do to me (Uh huh)
But I ain't seen nothing (Uh)'

and actually meaning it.
but kids dont, so they think this is the attitude that grown-ups have to sex, they think that everyone gets full and is promiscuous, and, as we all remember when your a teenager you just want to be grown up and therefore they will act like their perception of grown ups.
PAUL
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like to look at them do they sing???????????
the bride
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

, its the way children are brought up in the home environment, not the music they listen to, magazines they read or tv they watch. Parents/guardians should be wise and strict enough to say what goes and doesn't, and to let their children know that they don't have to conform to ideals set by the media industries to be popular. i think its a fookin' disgrace parents sending kids out to school with make-up on, i swear if i had even done that in secondary school me ma would of been like 'what ya think yer at, you'll be old for the rest of yer life and yer skin will be ruined by the time yer 20!'
nothin' like a bit of mammy advice, hate seein young girls dressed up like they're twice their age, its the parents to blame they're the ones buyin' them the stuff, and don't even get me started about mums putting their daughters on sunbeds and caking them in make up for their...., .. HOLY COMMUNIONS! I think they should all be incarcerated until they grow a bit of sense. amen.
J
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm with ya on that one bridie old gal, was brought up the same was as yourself. frickin hate seeing school girls all dolled up looks completely stupid and just makes them look very skanky.
BUT while it's down to parents to make up their minds about their own children, they can't control everything, i still watched tv progs etc that i wasn't allowed to watch all the time. i don't think the media or partents should attempt to keep children oblivious to sex but they shouldn't be using it as a marketing ploy.
if they were targetting alcohol at 12 year olds there'd be an outcry but teaching them to emulate their pop idol's raunchy behaviour is somehow seen as acceptable.
Cu Chulainn
- Full Member -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the girls are right here they are very suggestive and sleazy. My young sisters actually went to see them in Dublin recently. I think that theyre too young and naive to understand but all the same the music industry has sleazed up so much in the last decade in an attempt to over market and merchandise items, to young girls and it is a very effective marketing strategy. These people are not the best role models but in time all these youngsters will grow up and deny ever liking such bands, i.e anyone here ever own a spice girls album?
Princess Tigerlily
- Spoiled Rotten -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope! but i did buy a 5ive one, does that count? an i never listened to my parents, but thats why im trying to be a slightly cooler good influence on my wee neices an nephews
Post new topic   Reply to topic    buncrana.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: